Are you a blogging translator? Do you manage a translator group on a social media site? If so, I invite you to review Slate. We’ll give you Slate as our thanks for sharing your experience with your readers.
We respect their confidentiality. Yet, we’re a small company with a limited budget and need to spread the word. That’s where your review comes in. As a blogger, you’ve chosen to step into the public’s view. We hope this project will be mutually beneficial to you, us and your readers.
We want to start a grassroots movement of translators sharing their Slate experiences with each other. When you review Slate, you’ll not only stay current with the newest technology, you’ll also guide your readers through its strengths and weaknesses.
Your work to create and review your engine’s performance requires less than 3 hours of your time and attention. After that, the review process is in your hands.
We know your time is valuable. In exchange for your work, we’ll give you a Slate license. That’s a $549.00 value! We like to think of it as a barter exchange.
If you’re not familiar with Slate in the year since we released it, you can learn more from this article on our website: A Proper Introduction to Slate Desktop.
Terms & Conditions
This section details your responsibilities as a Slate Reviewer and our responsibilities to you.
- Share our #ImTryingSlate page three times on social media (Facebook, Proz.com, etc).
- Install Slate and perform Steps One and Two in the article Evaluating Slate Desktop.
- Send us the evaluation report(s) and review Engine statistics with us in a Skype call.
- Publish a review with the following details within 45 days of receiving Slate.*
- Description of the TMs used to create the engine.
- Engine statistics from automated evaluation report.
- Solicitation for readers to share our #ImTryingSlate page.
- Your assessment whether Slate is beneficial in your work.**
- Provide us an English abstract if you publish a non-English review.
* Slate is a rich technology with countless features, options and experiences. After your first review, we encourage you to continue blogging about your experiences with Slate but you are under no obligation to do so.
** You are not required to say “good” things about us or Slate. To qualify for the full upgrade, we require only that you describe your TMs and report the evaluation statistics accurately. With those covered, you have full creative control over your review’s content.
Slate Rocks, LLC’ Responsibilities
- Create a user account with “author” rights on our website for you to contribute there if you like.
- Answer your questions and help you along the way, especially in our review Skype call.
- Verify your Engine statistics match those you report in your published review.
- Offer suggestions and templates for your article’s contents.
- Upgrade your Slate to a full license under these terms.
- Reverse link from our site to your blog so our customers can find you.
- Host your profile on our website to promote your services if you choose.
This Agreement obligates Slate Rocks, LLC to you as a Reviewer.
To qualify as a Reviewer you must be a professional translator who publishes a blog or manages a social media discussion group for translators. We appreciate your accurate and honest information. The approval process may take a few days. If you’re approved, you’ll be given a promotional license and copy of Slate to conduct your review and publish your results.
Slate and your promotional license is yours and will continue to function after the review. You will earn a full Slate license by completing your Reviewer Responsibilities under the Terms and Conditions. The full license will extend your promotional license with:
- Free maintenance updates
- Installation and activation on two machines
- Discounts on future version upgrades
- Technical support after the review period
- Unlimited language pair support
Reviewer program summary
- To qualify as a Reviewer, you must:
- Be a professional translator.
- Publish a blog or manage a social media discussion group for translators
- Give us permission to republish your article and an abstract with your copyright
- You’ll receive a promotional copy of Slate when we approve your application.
- We’ll give you full Slate license when you complete the Reviewer Responsibilities.
News and Updates
By becoming a Reviewer you agree to receive emails from Slate Rocks, LLC. These emails will be sent to Reviewers only, on an ad-hoc basis, and may include important information regarding the Slate Rocks, LLC Reviewer program.
We reserve the right to reject Reviewer applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for Reviewer application rejection. Below are just a few reasons why a Reviewer’s application may be rejected but this is not an exhaustive list:
- Applications to publish review articles on sites engaged in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices, or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- Applications to publish review articles on sites that we do not believe are aligned with our industry or business will be rejected.
Questions About Your Application
When you apply to become a Reviewer we may email you at the email address you supplied with questions regarding your application. This may be because:
- We don’t understand something in your application
- We’d like to learn a bit more about your products
If you do not reply to our email within 7 days, your application may be rejected. If we reject your initial application, you are welcome to reapply to become a Reviewer and provide us with more details for reconsideration.
By submitting your application to become a Reviewer in our Reviewer program, you expressly agree to abide by these terms and conditions if you are approved. This Reviewer relationship represents a formal agreement. As a Reviewer, you are not an employee of Slate Rocks, LLC.
Are there any ideas that you agree with? Any that you would add? Please add them to the comments box below!
If you enjoyed this post please do click LIKE. Click SHARE to share it with your network. Thank you!
If you enjoyed this post please take time to read some of my related posts below.
About the author: Tom Hoar is the Founder and Owner of Slate Rocks, LLC, a pioneer changing the translation ecosystem with software that empowers professionals make quality translations easier. With many years technology leadership and a tenacious passion providing technical support to professional translators, he’s become a true industry resource. Tom writes regular posts and blogs on translation technology. Tom is available for technology coaching, training, and keynote speaking. Check out his profile for more information.